Our Little Blog...
Oh Pooh, you are so wise! The little things in life really do matter. Those moments of uncontrollable laughter with your best friend, coming home to a homemade meal after a long day at work, or a simple early morning walk before the chaos of the work day begins.
By learning to recognise and appreciate these small but significant things, without even realising they slowly become the stepping-stones that lead you to finding a place of happiness and contentment within yourself and the world around you.
We can often get caught up in the whirlwind of life, and because of this it can be difficult to find balance in the midst of so many different things going on at once. With this in mind, we thought we would give you a few easy ways that you can take even just 5 minutes out of your day to stop and enjoy the little pleasures in life:
- Do something kind for someone else- buy them a coffee, give to a local charity… it could make someone’s day, you won’t believe how great it will make you feel!
- Take 10-15 minutes a day to mediate or exercise - it doesn’t have to be anything intense, just something simple and enjoyable for you to take your mind off everything else.
- Be grateful- write a thank you card or text someone a thank you message. Odds are they won’t be expecting it, and you’ll become so much more aware of the people who add value to your life.
- Make small steps to becoming healthier- add a green smoothie to your diet.
- Run a bath and light your favourite candle after a long day at work- we recommend one from Stylish Little Things, of course!
Although they may seem simple, making the conscious effort to be present and aware allows you to keep everything in perspective, which will help you in all aspects of life.
The little things make big things happen, so start small and dream big!